Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why does my neck get a rash when I apply any type of lotion/perfume?

How can I moisturize my neck?Why does my neck get a rash when I apply any type of lotion/perfume?
You probably have an allergy to the fragrance in the products you are using. Try to purchase lotions that are fragrance free. I don't know what you would do about the perfume, maybe try putting it on your wrists instead of the tender neck tissue.





hope this helps..Why does my neck get a rash when I apply any type of lotion/perfume?
You are probably allergic to something that is in most mass produced products. I'm not sure what you're most likely to be allergic to though. You should try a hypo-allergenic lotion. There are several available over the counter.





I also found a recipe for homemade body lotion on Wki How To... The link is below. With a homemade lotion you can be sure that you're not allergic to the ingredients before you mix it together.





For perfume, you can still use perfume just spray it on your clothing instead of your skin.
Sounds like you're either allergic to something in the lotion / perfume or you just have sensitive skin. Eucerine is a great (non scented) lotion that is safe for sensitive skin. It really doesn't smell like anything, either...it doesn't have that weird mediciney smell to it. You could just use it on your neck if that's the only spot you have problems with. I have sensitive skin too, so when I want to wear perfume I just spray it on once I'm dressed and it doesn't come in contact with my skin.
To moisturize I would recommend using a fragrance free body lotion, or vaseline Intensive care does the trick for me. If you want a perfume that won't react with your skin try an alcohol free fragrance. It is normally the alcohol that skin doesn't agree with. It is easier to get alcohol free fragrances in the summer but if you look around you should be able to get them. Issey miyake do them and I think Kenzo does too.





Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment