Saturday, December 19, 2009

What can you do when a co-worker's lotion or perfume gives you a headache?

She's only been working here a couple of weeks and I don't want to be rude, but everytime she applies more lotion (heavily fragranced) it stirs my headache.What can you do when a co-worker's lotion or perfume gives you a headache?
Try buying a lighly fragranced, or fragrance free lotion, and give it to her saying ';I like your scent, but it gives me a headache. This lotion is lovely, would you consider using it instead?';What can you do when a co-worker's lotion or perfume gives you a headache?
Politely go over and tell her about your problem and work out a simple solution. Maybe she can apply the lotion in the bathroom instead? Otherwise, buy a small fan and blow it back toward her work space.
i have same problem. i tried to talk to my co worker then i decided not to. so then i bought good fragranced perfume for my self.
buy her a good smelling lotion as a gift...and when she starts using the nasty smelling one lay a guilt trip on her; ';you didnt like the lotion I bought for you?'; - she will eventually feel bad and start using that instead! If this doesnt work, buy stock in tylenol!
Take some painkiller.
If it really is a bother, you could say something politely like ';I'm not trying to be rude and I'm not saying that I don't like it, but just in this confined space, your lotion seems to be giving me a headache. Could you apply it in the bathroom instead?';





I'm very sensitive to smells and no one really understands. I made my college roommate put her perfume on in the hallway because the smell made me sick when it was airborne.
Tylenol works, or Excedrin
Just politely explain to her that while you'd love to be able to wear that scent as it's quite lovely (whether or not this part is true), that you seem to have a sensitivity to it and it's giving you headaches. Most people will understand and are quite willing to work something out that will make everyone happier.
i would just be honest with her. Tell her that you have allergies. you are highly allergic to strong smelling perfumes lotions and sprays.and say i really hate to ask you but could you not use that lotion because its giving me a headache.or say your lotion(perfume)has a very pretty smell and i love lotions and perfumes but unfortunately they dont love me.. i would greatly appreciate it if you dont use it..im highly allergic and when someone uses them i get terrible headaches. thanks so much for understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment